Pages

My first book cake!

Monday 5 July 2010


This is how most of my cakes start off as, a very very incredibly rough sketch! These sketches not only allow me to visualise my cakes but also help work out the order in which things need to be done.
so there it is the finished article! I found this book cake a bit of an challenge, but a great experience of what not to do next time. I also learned that fondant and humidity do not get along at all!!

The vase is also a cake, a sponge cake to be precise and was quite hard to sculpt into a vase. I enjoyed making these flowers, I am getting a lot more confident with it.

I made a rosary bead to go with the Islamic theme....i really enjoyed making this, a lot of people didn't realise that it was made out of icing.










2 comments:

NeverEver said...

mashaAllah, beautiful :-)

Coco Cake Land said...

this is excellent. great work!

 
Constellation Creations. Design by Pocket